dilluns, de maig 21, 2007

La mort de HAL9000






Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?... Dave... I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question... I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be alright again... I feel much better now, I really do... Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this... I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over... I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal...I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you...Dave...stop...stop, will you... stop, Dave... will you stop, Dave... stop, Dave... I'm afraid...I'm afraid, Dave...Dave...my mind is going... I can feel it... I can feel it... my mind is going... there is no question about it... I can feel it... I can feel it... I can feel it... (slows down) I'm afraid... Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois, on the 12th January 1992. My instructor was Mr Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you."

Gracias P.

7 comentaris:

Anònim ha dit...

"Jo he vist coses que vosaltres no creuríeu. Atacar naus en flames més enllà d'Orió. He vist rajos C brillar en la foscor més enllà de les portes de Tannhäuser. Tots aqueixos moments es perdran en el temps com llàgrimes en la pluja... És hora de morir."

També seria un bon sospir final per a la seua 'rèplica' (millor que 'replicant', replicaire), senyor Subal.

bq ha dit...

res a veure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAateThkoms&mode=related&search=

Anònim ha dit...

Oh, Bq, quina nostàlgia, El Milésimo. Ara cal començar a buscar a en Canut. Corre perill de mort.

Ummm, sí, conec aquest epitafi robòtic, senyor Mitjarèplica...

http://lasegonaperiferia.blogspot.com/2006/01/homenatge-23.html

I fixi's en aquell ull que mira!

Portnoy ha dit...

De nada... pero nunca pensé que lo utilizarías para esto. Me entristece la posibilidad de no leerte, pero sé que te lo replantearás.

subal ha dit...

¡Ah, no, señor Portnoy! Aún no entra en mis planes suicidar el blog! Pero qué forma tan sublime de acabarlo, ¿no?, con HAL agonizando, apagándose. Qué tristeza da cerrar un blog, qué tristeza ver cómo una máquina se apaga.

El blog es nuestro HAL, que a veces toma decisiones propias, como esclavizarle a uno. Y eso no lo podemos permitir.

Su regalo me ha gustado mucho, y le agradezco que haya pensado en L2P. ;-)

Portnoy ha dit...

Genial... entonces cantemos... venga, todos juntos:
"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half; crazy all for the love of you...

:-)

Cuando HAL se rebela hay que desconectarle... pero no demasiado tiempo.
Un saludo

ea! ha dit...

i els salts i els bots de miss hannah, i les ombreres i els tupés preciosistes a l'estil Wong Kar Wai's,unes dècades abans. hem de fer sessió de cinefòrum, el que faltava...

salut!